Call for Panels
Proposals are solicited for panels of 90 minutes duration. The set of panelists should represent the relevant different views of the panel topic. Proposers should organize the panel to be lively and discuss the different points of view. The panelists must have high interaction with the attendees while addressing their questions and comments. To this end, at least two thirds of the panel duration should be spent in interaction with the audience managed by a panel moderator and the panellist should use at most 3 slides in their presentations. No more than 4 panelists (beyond the moderator) should be considered.
Panel proposals should include:
- Panel Title
- Panel Moderator (name, affiliation, contacts and Web page)
- Panelists (name, affiliation, contacts and Web page)
- Panel Motivation and Relevance
- Panel Outline (including topics to be covered)
- Panel Dynamics (including the sequence of interventions and the ways to make the panel lively and challenging)
- Short Biography of Panel Moderator and Panelists (with emphasis on panel topic related achievements)
- Participation in Previous Panels by the Panelists and Moderator
The proposals should be of not more than 4 pages in double-spaced, single-column format.
Please send your proposal by email to the Panel Co-Chairs:
Chang Wen Chen ( [email protected] ), Fernando Pereira ( [email protected] ) and Chia-Wen Lin ( [email protected]), by October 1, 2018.
- Panel proposal submission deadline: October 1, 2018
- Panel proposal acceptance notification: October 22, 2018